Tuesday, September 20, 2011

About the litter walk

On Friday 26th August 2011 Mamaku School went on a litter walk.
We went down Mamaku Street and a few others. I was... DISGUSTED. I saw over 1,000 pieces of rubbish. It was yuck. Sara and Leslie had kindly volunteered to help us. I saw... lolly wrappers, cardboard boxes, beer boxes, beer bottles and glass and lots of other things. We were a littile bit worried about dogs but... Leslie manned up and went in the front of the line with lots of bottles and a big long stick. I saw a dog with 3 legs. It was barking at the class. I felt kind of sorry for it because it looked kind of cute. I felt grateful for picking up all of that rubbish. But I wasn't happy at all those people that do litter. I was ashamed of how much rubbish I saw on the trailer. It was fun but kind of a waste of learning. When we were walking back to school my hands were sweating. It looked like someone had gone and deliberately tipped water in my glove. When I took off my glove my hand had powder on it. It was weird.
By Kurtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting